Sunday, April 19, 2020

Toilet Getting Close - About 11 Weeks


The shower hasn't changed much the past few days. I put up the back wall with only a few screws cause I figured I'd forgot something. Yep, forgot to add the insulation in the bottom 10". So next will be to try again. The curved piece below left is the roof pattern for cutting the wall boards.


The first coat of stain and Wipe On Poly, polyurethane. You really can't quite see the seats and shelves up on the front wheel well.


The shelves in and the seat in place. I've yet to install the hinges. Haven't decided how to finish the upper wall. I may have a shelf above the window to integrate too.


The view from just forward looking back. I like the brick wall. It will get trim on the outside corners.


Being in lock-down, I can't take advantage of Eldon and Chip's shop. So I found a used table saw on OfferUp. It's a 9" saw but only came with an 8" blade, so it will not cut a 2x4. I need several pieces of outside corner molding and they are more than $7.50 each at Home Depot. $40 for a saw, so I can make my own for less.


Here's a video tour to date. I had to reduce the size before blogger would upload it. There is getting to be no room to work inside any more. I'm going to have to stop and cleanup soon!



The time-lapse of the past week or so. I had a lot of battery problems with the little camera. And the wor on the toilet area is behind the wall!




No comments:

Post a Comment